See the future
Oak Hill School and the Eugene-Springfield NAACP have long shared a deep commitment to education in Oregon. Both organizations seek to push students to see the future as a world of ever-widening possibilities and potential. Working in partnership, we are proud to announce the creation of an OHS/NAACP Merit Scholarship for qualified middle school and high school students.
There are two scholarships available, one for superbly performing middle school students, 6th – 8th grade, and another for superbly performing high school students, 9th – 12th grade. These awards are not need-based but rather in recognition of meritorious achievement and are to be used for tuition at Oak Hill School, one of the most prestigious independent schools in the Pacific Northwest, near the confluence of the Willamette and McKenzie Rivers.
To be eligible, the competing student must be able to demonstrate:
GPA of 3.5 or above
Qualities of leadership and character
Curiosity, creativity and critical thinking
Outstanding academic potential
Scholarships will be in the sum of $5,000 per year for middle school and $10,000 per year for high school. The scholarships will remain in effect for the duration of a student’s career at Oak Hill School, so long as the above-required standards are maintained. Awarding of this scholarship will not affect the granting of additional financial aid in any way. Winners shall remain eligible for any other need-based financial aid.
In partnership, Oak Hill School and the Eugene-Springfield NAACP wish to enhance and make a positive contribution to our community. We want to raise expectations and ambitions. These scholarships are not meant to be lightly won; high expectations and standards lead to shining stars. In addition to the academic qualifications, applicants must reside at least part-time in Lane County or have substantial ties to the region.
• An applicant must be a member of the NAACP and an active participant in one of the NAACP’s Youth Programs.
• The scholarships are open to both African-American males and females.
• Middle School applicants will be in the range of 6th (entering) to the 8th grade (entering).
• High School applicants will be in the range of 9th (entering) to 12th grade (entering).
• Applicants must be in good academic status at time of application.
• Applicants must be able to give voice to a serious pursuit of college dreams.
• Students must apply to and be accepted into Oak Hill School.
Due Date: February 15th
All materials must be received by the Oak Hill School Admissions Office by the due date.
Oak Hill School
86397 Eldon Schafer Drive
Eugene, OR 97405