Oak Hill School offers an exceptional college preparatory education in a small class setting with an engaging curriculum that motivates students academically and inspires students to contribute to their society both locally and globally. Below are just some of the things that make Oak Hill a unique program. Please also explore topics more in depth by using the menu to the left.
What makes Oak Hill Different?
- Low student/teacher ratios: Class sizes cap at 16 students per grade in K-5th, and 18 students per class in 6th-12th grades.
- Three foreign languages: Starting in kindergarten, students have the ability to take French, Mandarin, or Spanish.
- Nurturing faculty with superior credentials: All of our faculty are credentialed, and many have either completed or are working on advanced degrees.
- Comprehensive physical ed program:Students K-12 are able to have PE everyday.
- Confidence-building public speaking program: Beginning in Kindergarten, students develop skills for public speaking and presentations. This is a valuable tool that most elementary schools don’t offer.
- Applied science and math programs: Science and math is a strong focus at Oak Hill starting in Kindergarten and is carried through 12th grade with hands on learning, labs, and AP courses.
- Award winning art program: Students K-12 have a rich visual arts program that allows them to explore drawing, painting, clay, and glass work. Student work is often chosen for many gallery shows throughout the year.
- Diverse and well-rounded music program: Students K-12 have music available to them in the form of music classes, band, jazz band, and Glee programs.
- Dedicated theater department: Oak Hill has an amazing theatre department that performs at least 2 professional quality shows a year.
- Highest SAT scores in Lane County: Oak Hill’s domestic students in the fall of 2011 recieved the highest SAT scores in Lane County scoring above 600 in all three areas of Reading, Writing, and Math.
- College counseling and search trips: High school students recieve personal counseling and help in researching colleges. Oak Hill also offers college exploration trips to interested students.
- 100% of graduates are admitted to 4-year schools: Year after year, Oak Hill is proud to say that all graduates are accepted to 4 year colleges and universities throughout the nation.
In addition to the above, the faculty and administration participate in a continuous review process to update and refine curriculum. Small class sizes promote personal attention for students and foster a community of academic inquiry. Oak Hill faculty is committed to offering a challenging curriculum that prepares students for successful college life.