Middle School can be a challenging time. Our highly qualified staff and faculty seek to build rapport with students and meet them as individuals, making sure that students are supported both academically and socially. We help them to navigate the turbulent waters of these pivotal years and build a solid, seamless foundation for later academic success. Our Middle School programs and offerings stress core skills, creativity, critical thinking, cultural diversity, and unique individualism.
An OHS student will develop confidence, character, and a powerful curiosity about the world.
What makes Oak Hill Different?
• Low student to teacher ratios: No more than 18 MS students per class
• Nurturing faculty with superior and advanced credentials
• Applied science and math programs
• Computer Programming
• Award winning Mixed-Media Program
• Comprehensive Physical Education: Gym class everyday
• Confidence-building Public Speaking Curriculum
• Diverse and well-rounded music program
• Jazz Band
• Dedicated Theater Department
• Outdoor Pursuits Program: Snowshoeing, Hiking, Rock-climbing, Camping
Oak Hill School endeavors to foster a lifelong love of learning, out of which children will discover their passion and confidence.
Proactive communication ensures that parents know and understand how their students are progressing. Oak Hill teachers work in partnership with families by keeping parents informed about the curriculum and activities and cultural events taking place on campus throughout the year.
Oak Hill School values excellence in math, science, and technology. Curriculum consists of classroom, laboratory, and field-based investigation. Our visual arts, music, and theater programs build a strong base of literary and visual competence. The beautiful seventy-two acre OHS campus becomes an educational resource, through the guidance of our resident naturalist.