Thanks for your interest in joining the Oak Hill School community. This page will be updated as job and career opportunities become available, so be sure to check back periodically. If you have questions about job postings, please refer first to the Employment FAQs below. If the FAQs do not help, contact Beth Sprague (Business Affairs & Human Resources) at email@example.com or call 541.744.0954.
Lower School Educational Assistant
Oak Hill School is a K-12 accredited private school located in the South Eugene area has an opening for a lower school teacher’s assistant.
To apply, please email a cover letter and complete resume. Due to the high number of expected applications only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Schedule:Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (1/2 hour lunch) school days only. Some additional hours for specialized activities such as field trips, school orientation, etc may be required.
Employer Paid Benefits: employee only medical, dental and vision for employees 0.5 FTE or greater.
Salary Range:$11.00 – $12:00 per hour
Start Date: asap
Under teacher or administrative supervision, performs specialized work by assisting teachers in instructing and directing the activities of students in lower school classes to provide a well-organized, smoothly functioning classroom environment. Assists school administrators and staff with various administrative and clerical functions as requested. Reports to the assigned classroom teacher(s) and lower school head.
- Demonstrates strong collaborative and teamwork skills with a genuine love for children
- Assists with lower school students at school arrival and departure times.
- Assists students with exercises and class activities; concentrates efforts with small groups of students and individuals as necessary.
- Compiles, prepares and organizes materials and classroom for instruction and classroom activities.
- Assists in cleaning and storing of materials after completion of activities.
- Reinforces all knowledge and skills taught by the classroom teacher.
- Models proper behavior and play.
- Assists teacher by recording daily attendance, grading assignments, recording and/or analyzing test scores/grades, substituting as needed, setting up special projects, escorting children to other areas of the school, monitoring student behavior, packing/ unpacking student communication folders, running errands, etc
- Supervises and assists students when arriving and departing, on field trips, during testing, during lunch and on school grounds.
- Assists individual children with special needs and/or in need of special attention.
- Coordinates and/or participates in special programs or projects as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and orderly classroom.
- Attends staff meetings as required; participates in in-service training programs.
- Receives and responds to inquiries and requests for assistance in areas of responsibility.
- Keeps abreast of developments in early childhood education curriculum and instruction.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the classroom teacher, other teachers, principals, other school staff, administrative staff, students, parents, volunteers and the general public.
- Performs routine clerical tasks as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and records, copying and filing documents, entering and retrieving computer data, preparing notices and mail, etc.
- Provide medical assistance and associated emergency/non emergency health support duties as needed for classroom children.
- Performs related duties as required.
Requires an associate’s degree; or
the equivalent to the satisfactory completion of two years of college education supplemented by some experience working with young children in the classroom or in a child care setting; or
an equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and ability.
Excellent communications skills in English
Must hold and maintain current CPR and First Aid Certifications
Must be able to pass a background check
Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Work is performed in an educational environment. Oak Hill School is committed to connecting with nature and as such work during recess in inclement weather may be required. Work may involve implementing crisis prevention/intervention protocols, exposure to ill children, contagious disease and other adverse conditions.
Ability to walk, climb, sit, stoop, bend over and/or stand for six (6)plus hours per day
Ability to squat, crawl or run occasionally a s required to perform job duties. Requires light work that involves walking or standing most of the time and involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a recurring basis. must be able to lift and/or carry young children for short distances.
Oak Hill School is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour
Applicants need not be currently certified for full-time teaching positions at Oak Hill, although it is recommended. A successful candidate or applicant will demonstrate a strong history of teaching experience, the ability to work in a highly-collaborative environment, and the ability to effectively differentiate their instruction.
To be on our substitute teacher list, you need to apply as you would any other teaching position.
Salary for both regular and part-time faculty and staff will be based upon experience, certifications, and other qualifications.
Non-teaching staff positions are also listed on this page as they become available. Eligibility requirements for these positions are the same, other than licensing requirements.