Thanks for your interest in joining the Oak Hill School community. This page will be updated as job and career opportunities become available, so be sure to check back periodically. If you have questions about job postings, please refer first to the Employment FAQs below. If the FAQs do not help, contact Beth Sprague (Business Affairs & Human Resources) at email@example.com or call 541.744.0954.
Administrative Coordinator / Registrar
The School Activities Coordinator/Registrar has a broad set of assignments providing coordination, and administrative support to the Oak Hill Campus and Head of School. This position also serves as school Registrar. This position must exhibit professionalism, collegiality in a team environment and have the ability to create a welcoming and professional atmosphere in a busy office environment.
This position collaborates and fosters harmonious interactions across the campus including Lower School / Assistant Head, Upper and Middle School Coordinators, unit Directors, parents and students.
- Manages school calendars including academic, organizations, community and student database calendar.
- Manages and campus-wide activities, including routing initial request, coordination, planning, and execution of events. This includes events such as Grandparent Day, Back to School BBQ, student recognition ceremonies, graduation and other Oak Hill events.
- Facilitate campus communications to faculty, staff and parents via email list serves, and written communications. This includes daily announcements, and “Greengram”.
- Provide staff support as needed to school initiatives.
- Manage student records, transcripts, and student information via online and manual systems.
- Insures the integrity, accuracy and security of all academic records of current and former students.
- Tracks student progress toward graduation and produces official transcripts.
- Manage immunizations including tracking and reporting via required agencies.
- Coordinate and manage inputting all student information into the database ALMA; using the system to full capacity to create efficiency.
- Create report cards, progress reports and track GPAs.
- Assist Upper/Middle School leadership with CollegeBoard Testing including scheduling, test ordering, coordination and return.
- Track and report student service hour requirements.
- Communicate with parents, volunteers and donors on a consistent basis via the Community Support Association and other venues. Facilitate the pass through of communication to the Head of School and others, as appropriate to keep them informed of issues.
Assistant to the Head of School
- Provide confidential staff support to the Head of School including correspondence, calendaring, minutes, meeting preparation and travel arrangements.
- Special projects as assigned
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated ability to have poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Work within a fast-paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Must be able to discern between competing priorities.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and execute oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, anticipate needs, prioritize tasks, “think on your feet” follow through and work independently with minimal supervision while handling frequent interruptions and rapidly shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated project management, time management and organizational skills
- Experience managing executive calendars, coordinating travel and committees
- Self-motivated, punctual, reliable, organized and flexible.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an office environment which includes providing support to an executive, or broad administrative support to a unit.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, GoogleDocs and familiarity with Adobe Suite.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in events management including planning and execution.
- Experience with student records, FERPA and/or Registrar experience is preferred.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Physical demands include dexterity of office machine/supply operation including computer/telephone, copy machine and printers. Stooping, bending and reaching for files or supplies required. Sitting or standing for extended periods of times are common. A valid Oregon driver’s license is required.
- Occasional attendance at meetings or activities outside of normal working hours will be required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience with a general starting range of $35,000 – $40,000 per year.
Oak Hill offers fully paid medical, dental and vision to employees. A self-funded TIAA-Cref retirement plan is available. Paid vacation and PTO.
This is a year-round position. Hours are generally Monday – Friday during the academic year with partial office closures during academic winter and spring break. Summer hours are abbreviated.
To apply please forward a current resume and cover letter which outlines how your experience and skills meet the qualifications of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format.
This position is available immediately. For full consideration please submit your materials prior to November 16, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants need not be currently certified for full-time teaching positions at Oak Hill, although it is recommended. A successful candidate or applicant will demonstrate a strong history of teaching experience, the ability to work in a highly-collaborative environment, and the ability to effectively differentiate their instruction.
To be on our substitute teacher list, you need to apply as you would any other teaching position.
Salary for both regular and part-time faculty and staff will be based upon experience, certifications, and other qualifications.
Non-teaching staff positions are also listed on this page as they become available. Eligibility requirements for these positions are the same, other than licensing requirements.