Thanks for your interest in joining the Oak Hill School community. This page will be updated as job and career opportunities become available, so be sure to check back periodically. If you have questions about job postings, please refer first to the Employment FAQs below. If the FAQs do not help, contact Bill Goldsmith (Business Affairs & Human Resources) at email@example.com or call 541.744.0954.
Posted: April 11, 2017
Social Studies/English Teacher
Please submit resume and cover letter by email only. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The position is open until filled. No phone inquiries accepted. Please indicate whether applying for part time or full time position.
Oak Hill School, an independent, private K-12 school in Eugene, Oregon, is seeking applicant(s) for a .4 FTE high school social studies position and a .6 FTE upper school English position for the 2017-2018 school year. This could either be two positions or combined into one full time position. Must have demonstrated ability to teach middle school geography and/or middle school English and freshmen level classics & composition. The school is known for its commitment to a rigorous academic curriculum. Interested candidates should have extensive experience working with upper school students and demonstrated competence in carrying out the duties of an upper school teacher. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Developing and implementing curriculum and unit plans
- Demonstrating thorough knowledge of teaching practices and a commitment to teaching within a caring, highly academic environment.
- Working with families and communicating in a clear and supportive manner
- Staying abreast of current educational research and best practices
- Pursuing continual professional growth
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, minimum; preferably a Master’s, in secondary education or related areas
- 3+ years of combined teaching experience is preferable but not required
- Experience in developing and writing curriculum, knowledge of current trends and research in learning and assessment, and strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of the students and program
Compensation is dependent upon qualifications.
Posted May 2, 2017
Part Time Elementary Level Music Teacher
Oak Hill School is seeking a part time (.5 FTE) elementary level Music Teacher to provide general music instruction and small group instrumental instruction to elementary school students. The music teacher instructs classes in instrumental and vocal music so that students develop relevant individual and group skills. Must be able to build and maintain a program capable of creating balanced performances for various school activities. The music teacher works closely with other faculty to ensure coordination with other activities.
Please send a resume and a letter of interest that clearly addresses the listed qualifications by reply e-mail only. We are unable to reply to individual applicants. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted..
Oak Hill School is a small, independent, academically focused private school located in Eugene, Oregon. The school has a K-12 enrollment of 210 students and is located on a 72-acre wooded campus.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform the job successfully.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Music or related field
· Teaching credential preferred
· At least two or more years of experience teaching music at elementary school level
· Able to conduct instruction, rehearsals and performances demonstrating a wide range of musical styles.
· Able to conduct music accurately and expressively with self-confidence.
· Able to perform on own instrument to illustrate and demonstrate correct techniques, corrective measures, and musical expressiveness.
· Strong personal musicianship. Excellent interpersonal skills
· Communicates effectively orally and in writing
· Demonstrates a pleasant attitude and maintain a courteous demeanor while working with students, staff and the public
Starting Salary: 10 month .5 FTE contract. Salary dependent upon experience and other qualifications
Benefits: health insurance, personal days, holidays.
Applicants need not be currently certified for full-time teaching positions at Oak Hill, although it is recommended. A successful candidate or applicant will demonstrate a strong history of teaching experience, the ability to work in a highly-collaborative environment, and the ability to effectively differentiate their instruction.
To be on our substitute teacher list, you need to apply as you would any other teaching position.
Salary for both regular and part-time faculty and staff will be based upon experience, certifications, and other qualifications.
Non-teaching staff positions are also listed on this page as they become available. Eligibility requirements for these positions are the same, other than licensing requirements.